Sunday, October 27, 2013

Everett's Blessing day

Dear Everett,

Today was your blessing day.  I've been anxiously awaiting this day all week.  We woke up and had a yummy breakfast of eggs and muffins.  Then you and Papa went on a walk at Dash point state park.  Papa said you stuck you head out of the wrap and looked around at all the trees before settling down and sleeping the rest of the walk.  I think you and Papa enjoyed your time together.  While you and Papa were away.  Grandma Thomas and I were busy making cupcakes and rolls for the dinner.  Grandma also sewed a slip  for Gwenevere while I made a soup.  When you got back from your walk you ate and then went with me to pick up Papa's suit at the dry cleaners.  While we were away Papa prepared a wonderful salmon chowder to have for dinner.  It was amazing.  We came back home and around 3:30; more guests had arrived.  Grandma Sharolee, Red Grandma, and Aunt Val showed up around the same time Grandpa Roemhildt, Austin and Dan arrived.  I don't remember who came next but by 4:30 everyone was here.  The house was loaded and your bum was sore and you were not very happy.  You would calm down when I was holding you but as soon as I handed you to someone else you would start crying, you ended up crying a lot since everyone wanted to hold you.  But every now and than I'd take you back in my arms and you would calm down.  I think you like me which makes me happy because I like you.




Once Brother Davidson from  the bishopric came, Papa gathered everyone together.  You had settled down and had fallen asleep.  You slept peacefully in your Papa's arms while we sang "I am a Child of God" and then Grandpa Thomas gave an opening prayer.  Then Papa gave you a blessing.  It was a wonderful blessing filled with the spirit.

After the blessing everyone ate and visited.  You woke up right when I was sitting down to eat my dinner.  Perfect timing.  We went into the girls bedroom and I fed you while Grandpa Roemhildt and Grace played.  The four of us enjoyed the time together.

We slowly said goodbyes to everyone as one by one families left to go home.



At the end of the day you and I had some one on one time before you fell asleep.

Thank you for being apart of our family.  We love you.

Love n Prayers,
Mama

2 comments:

Dan Thomas said...

Thanks for inviting us to Everett's blessing. It was really special to meet Everett in this life! Everett you will soon find out but you have wonderful parents! They are so proud of you!

It was very cool to stand in your circle of loved ones!

rob said...

The moment we started singing "I am a Child of God" I lost it, we are so lucky to have the Spirit with us, and Everett is so lucky to be born into such an amazing family.