Monday, October 21, 2013

Growing Everett, Pumpkin patches and Zoo boo fun: a blog about the last month

Oh how I've missed blogging.  We've done so much over the past couple of weeks and I have lost my camera charger, again, so I have very little proof of what we've done.  (sad face). Speaking of lost things, I have lost my glasses too.  It's been kinda nice not to worry about my glasses although i do wish sometimes I could see clearly.  Like when I'm driving.  ha   Anyway I've been meaning to set up an eye exam for some time and now that my glasses have been lost for two plus weeks I think it's time I schedule that exam.

Okay so that's not what I really really wanted to blog about so I will change subjects now and continue on.

On Oct 7th Everett turned 2 weeks old and we went to see Terah for a wellness check up.

Gwenevere was Terah's big helper. 
 Everett's weight at 2 weeks 8lbs 14oz


After our appointment we found a cute little produce store with a great price on Pumpkins.  So we ventured out in the field to pick out pumpkins.










On Oct 8th James went back to work for the first time since baby brother was born.  I survived my first week at home with the girls, we mostly just hung out and relaxed but it was fun.  





I started taking the kids to story time at the library again.  I've missed story time and it's fun to be going again.  I hope to start swim lessons for the girls soon.  Then we'll have preschool, swim lessons and library time to fill our week.  Until than we'll keep playing the way we normally do.

On October 12th we where invited to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving with the Day family.  I made an apple pie for the first time ever.  I was pretty excite that it turned out.

We've been enjoying the beautiful fall weather lately.  James has managed to get out and ride his bikes a few times this month.  Both Mt Biking at Tiger Mt and Road biking the Orting Trail.

On October 15th we went to Lattin's Cider Mill and Pumpkin Patch.  We fed the animals, and ate yummy doughnuts.  It was delicious.










Since I don't have a charger for my camera I don't have a lot of pictures of Everett, but this is him at 3 weeks.   

Then last friday Oct 19th we picked up Aunt Alisha from the airport, she came to visit us and will get to stay a whole week.  Yippee.  Friday night we went to the NorPoint Center Halloween carnival.  Everett was dressed like a Skeleton.  Grace was a ballerina and Gwenevere was a mermaid.  We all had a lot of fun.



Saturday morning we all cuddled our babies and enjoyed a relaxing morning before heading to Boo at the Zoo.



Underwater pumpkin carving,  looks tricky to me

Minature golfing


Everett is going through a growth spurt and has slept a lot.  Each time he wakes up I see more chub on his face.  :-)  this is Everett sleeping through Boo at the Zoo

Gwenevere thought it was fitting to ride a seahorse since she was dressed as a mermaid

Aunt Alisha in the races with her carousel horse

Grace and Papa riding Finn the dog.  

Happy Zoo day

Today Everett is 4 weeks old.  He is more alter and has beautiful dark blue eyes that melt my heart everytime he looks at me.  Everett loves to poop, eat and sleep.  I'm trying to keep him on an EASY schedule (E-eat, A-activity, S-Sleep, Y- You time, aka Mama or Papa time, repeat.)   So far it's been going great and he's been a pretty happy baby.    Everett has slept through church 3 weeks in a row and everyone in Relief Society begs to hold him.  He is loved by many.





Today we have Preston and Taylor over playing and Papa is home from work today.  It's been a lovely day and still I have a pile of laundry I need to fold.  So I better get off the computer now.

1 comment:

Dalynn said...

So fun to see him growing and all the adventures you're doing.