Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A blog about all the little things

We've done so many fun little things that I wanted to document.  So here are a few one liners for posterity.

We played on the beach for Preschool last week.  An Eagle came soaring down to the water just feet above me head.  We saw lots of crab cities, sand dollars, and collected pretty rocks.  We climbed up  big rocks.  Gwenevere went ahead with her friend and then later on told her friend she needed to go back and help her little sister climb up the big rocks.  Grace enjoyed walking in the water with her rain boots.  I didn't realize until we got back to the car that her rain boots have a leak in them.

We've been working in our yard lately trying to get ready for spring.  We  hope to have a happy little garden and add a few fruit trees to our yard this summer.  Major work includes: raking out the gravel, putting a layer of fill dirt down, leveling out the slope and adding fruit trees, a beehive and berry bushes.  We added 6 more blueberry bushes to the yard and want to make a raise garden bead just for our strawberry plants.


James has also found some chunks of cement in our yard.  He's putting them to use building a stairway/retaining wall for the side of our house.  It's looking good.


We where given a swingset that James has assembled for the kids.

We hope to plant beans or peas around the the base of the fort and put flower boxes on the top part of the fort.


Grace and Everett love the swing.  Everett laughed for the first time for me while swinging (he's laughed with Papa before). Gwenevere is still waiting for the big kid swings I need to pick up.

Gwenevere started Gymnastics.  When I asked how she liked her first day of class she responded " I love it.  I love it, I love it, I love it."



Lately I've been overwhelmed and taken back by the amount of love I can feel for my family.  I'm so grateful for the blessing of being a parent and I'm grateful I have this little man in my life.


James got part of his Bee-day present early.  He still needs to order the boxes, and the bees come later this spring, but this guy is so ready for some honey.  Actually we are more excited about the pollination then the honey but honey will be a bonus if we get some this year.


Now I just need to make a little white bee suit for for the girls to share.  It's on my list of crafts.


Everett rolled over from stomach to back for the first time today.  And he's loving his tummy time.


We painted reflection paintings and made homemade pizza for preschool.  Can i just say, I love my friend.  She is an amazing teacher and mother.  When i grow up I want to be like her.  I thank my Heavenly Father for the wonderful women in my life.

Reflection painting: you paint have of the page and then stamped on the other side.  See picture below for examples.

Good news: I can cut a decent boy hair cut. Not so good news: Grace's pixie cut went sour. Still good news: She rocks her cute boy cut. And if any one wants to comment on her hair, we are calling it a fairy princess cut. what surprised me most was how dark her hair looked after i cut it.  She looks more like her big sister than ever before.


My favorite Grace quote as of lately  

Grace:  "I won't cut my fingers off."  (it's said in the same tone of voice as "you'll shoot your eye out.")
Grace is fascinated with sharp knives,  Anytime I'm cutting up vegetables she shoots her step stool over, climbs up and begs to help me cut but refuses to use a butter knife.  She has gone so far as to repeat over and over again she won't cut off her finger like Auntie Grace.  LOL  The finger snip with the scissors is one of Grace's favorite bedtime stores.   Yep we talk about battle wounds for bedtime stories 


2 comments:

Max and Rebecca said...

So much fun! We especially liked watching Gwenevere's jumps!

Sandy said...

I loved it all!! So fun and I miss seeing these kids! Can't wait till you can come this way.