Sunday, January 17, 2016

and then she prayed

Over six months ago Grace stopped praying.  At first I wasn't too worried, I knew it was just going to be one of her things and that adventually she'd pray again.

Little did I know, how long this phase would last.

After a month of refusing to pray, I wanted to force her,  but deep down I knew that is not the way Grace works.

We'd talk about why we pray, and why it's important to pray, hoping that would help her change her mind, but nope.

I tried very hard not to make it a big deal that she didn't want to pray.  But I was ever so grateful that Papa continued to ask Grace to pray just like he asks everyone of us.

Today was different

First Papa asked Grace is she would say the dinner prayer.

Again Grace said no.

So Papa turned to Gwenevere and asked her.

Gwenevere said yes, like she always says, and began to pray.

Right after saying "Dear Heavenly Father"  Grace chimed in.  Both Papa and I looked at Gwenevere and Gwenevere knew exactly want we wanted.

It was quiet for a moment

Then Grace continued with her prayer.

It was simple and perfect.

I'm so glad to hear her pray again.

Let's hope this new phase lasts forever.

1 comment:

Jill said...

It is so important to respect agency. It is the reason we are here. You are one smart mom.