Sunday, January 17, 2016

Gwenevere looses her first baby tooth

Gwenevere has waited patiently for her first tooth to get loose.  On Friday she noticed she had a wiggly tooth.  Saturday night after putting Everett to bed I found Gwenevere sitting next to the bathroom sink playing with her tooth.  I didn't think much of it, since we just noticed it was loose the other day.  But after watching her play with it some more I realized she probably wasn't going to go to bed until the tooth was out.

We took pictures and giggled and took turns wiggling the little tooth.  It was sooo loose.  Finally I turned it just enough that I thought it was about to come out.  I grabbed my phone to record Gwenevere pulling it out but she was too fast.  just like that, her tooth was out.



We giggled with excitement.  We examined the tooth, and waited for the bleeding to stop.  Then Gwenevere found a small box she wanted to place the tooth in and finally went to bed.

I've dreamt about being the tooth fairy for a long time.  I may have been jealous watching other friends play the tooth fairy role while I was still waiting.  

But tonight caught me off guard.  I was so excited and yet had nothing prepared.

Just a few hours earlier I was walking through JoAnn Fabrics looking at all their fairy decal that the girls and I have been plotting to acquire for a fairy garden, we plan to establish this summer.

Oh how I wished I had picked up an item so that the tooth fairy could have brought Gwenevere a little fairy rocking chair.

But since the time was now past 10:00 pm and JoAnn was closed for the night.  I had to push that dream aside for a later date.

James too was excited to be apart of this first for our family.  Once Gwenevere was fast asleep he pulled down his coin collection and started perusing his quarters to find the right amount for her tooth.

James asked me what we should do with her tooth.  I wasn't sure, so I shrugged and said we can just throw it away.  He disagreed and said he's find a special place for Gwenevere's tooth.  I was a bit relieved

Now that we had the coins picked out a story was needed.  A name for her fairy and a picture.  Thankfully Google knows a lot about tooth fairies.

I named her Willow Springs.   Willow because it sounds like a great fairy name and Springs came as I colored her blue dress reminding me of a brooke crawling through the forest.

Willow Springs left a picture for Gwenevere along with a little note.

Dear Gwenevere,

My name is Willow Springs and I am your fairy.  Make a Wish, scan the sky, your tooth is the reason why.  

Thank you for taking care of your teeth.  We use the teeth to build our homes.  I was born in the clouds and followed a rain drop down to the forest spring of water.  There I flowed with the river till I came to a willow tree and I became a fairy.  I've been a tooth fairy assistant for 407 years.  Tonight I leave you my picture and my story for you to share with your friends.

Love,
Willow Springs


It was past midnight when Willow carried the tooth away leaving behind, in the same box placed under her pillow, three coins, one gold dollar coin and two quarters, and her picture with her note rolled up like a scroll. 


When Gwenevere awoke the next morning she realized she had pushed her pillow off the top bunk of her bed.  It had fallen down in between the bed and the wall.  She had to crawl under her bunk bed to find the box and pillow.

 
She came and found the rest of us. We were all awake waiting for our sleepy head to arraise.

She opened her note and showed off her missing tooth to Grace.  

We sang happy birthday and then she opened her last Birthday Present.



Happy Birthday Baby Girl.

I LOVE YOU

No comments: