Sunday, January 24, 2016

Gwenevere had a Birthday: Goodbye age 6 Hello age 7

It's time I finally post this.

I've had the post ready for almost a whole week but haven't had a minute to sit down and finally publish it.  I think I was subconsciously trying to avoid the fact that my baby is 7 already.  


Gwenevere has been planning her birthday party for almost an entire year.  She was so excited to host her very first sleepover birthday party.  I totally took to the side lines for this party and didn't even stress or worry about a thing until like the day before her party.  

It was so fun to see what she could come up with.  She wanted to make homemade pizzas and decorate her own cake, she wanted to do a talent show and to make bow ties and watch a movie with her friends.  

She picked out the invitations and wrote them by herself.

A week before her party another mom was asking me if I needed any help with her party and it took me by surprise because I had done nothing for her party.  Gwenevere had it under control.  

Well, the night before her party I did start to think I better get my myself in the game to make sure the event goes smoothly.

James talked me out of making homemade pizzas and cake decorating.  We just had a super busy week and there wasn't enough time to sleep and bake a cake.  

We spent the morning of her birthday party running errands, picking up decorations, and art supplies.  I ended up taking Gwenevere to Fred Myers to pick out a birthday cake a couple hours before the party.  Gwenevere thought this was awesome.  It was her first time picking out a cake and she had a hard time deciding.  

When we got home Papa had the party music up and was getting ready to decorate.  The kids had a lot of fun helping him blow up balloons and tape streamers on the ceiling 





Soon after the last streamer was hung the party guests arrived.  We had everyone put their sleeping bags in the girl's room and then we decorated Bow ties.  

They turned out super cute and took longer than we had planned to dry.  So they weren't able to use them for their talent show, dance party or runway fashion show.  

After decorating bow ties James went to pick up Pizzas and we took a group photo.  Then we did Gwenevere's talent show that turned into a dance party.

But the time the pizza's arrived everyone was hungry and ready to eat. 



After dinner we lit the candles and sang happy birthday.  



But before eating cake, Gwenevere opened up her birthday presents.  



Then it was time for a fashion show.  I think everyone had a ton of fun.  I just held the camera and took pictures of all the shenanigans.


Fashion show movie


We fashioned it up for about an hour and then we decided to calm things downs.  

Everyone put on PJs and brushed their teeth.

Then we pulled out the beads and Gwenevere gave everyone their own friendship charm.  
Dragonflies, unicorns, dragons, ballerinas, hearts, seahorses, sea turtles, 
Everyone made their own and everyone had fun.
Then it was time for a movie,
Gwenevere of course had her movie picked out 3 months ago and thankfully Netflix still had it online to stream.  She wanted to watch Bald Eagles

I popped up popcorn and took a breather while James watch the show with the girls.  

after the movie was over we read stories until most of the parents came to pick up their girls.
Then we realized we handed pulled out Gwenevere giant glow sticks for the dance party earlier.

So with the friends who were remaining we had a little glow in the dark dance party.
then it was time for bed, for real,

Another little friend got homesick at the last minute and needed to sleep in her own bed.  So that left just one friend for the remainder of the night. 
At 11pm all lights where out and James and I where 80 percent sure everyone was asleep.  We finally went to our bedroom exhusted from the super fun day.

not long after going to our rooms we heard tiny mice moving around.  I figured that is part of the fun about a sleep over so I let them be sneaky until midnight,  Then I went out and tucked them back into bed.

At last the night was coming to an end.

I woke back up at 2 am and realized two little mice where still awake.  They where having so much fun reading books that sat down with them for a bit and listened to them read.  I could tell they weren't ready for sleep anytime soon so I went back to bed and let them keep reading.

But when I woke up at 4 am and saw lights where still on, I decided I better go tuck them back in bed.

This time it works.

Before I climbed back into my own bed.  they were both sound asleep.

The next morning the girls slept in till 9am.  Then Kambria came over and we ate cake for breakfast.

Gwenevere slept in till 10 am and at 11am we ate second breakfast.


Then Gwenevere opened her charm bracelet kit, Eleanora had given her and they all had fun making charms.




Around noon we took the girls home.

Gwenevere was her normal happy self the rest of the day.

I was a bit surprised.

I thought she'd be a monster having had very little sleep but she was still high on happiness from her party.

Sunday we her real birthday.

She memorized the first article of faith and shared it in Primary.

Gwenevere's Birthday Questionnaire 

  • How old are you?  7
  • What makes you happy?  Having a sleepover party
  • What is your favorite animal?  Kittens
  • What is your favorite thing to eat?  Sushi, Ice Cream and Curry
  • What is your least favorite thing to eat?  crab soup
  • What is your favorite thing to do?  Color and ride my bike
  • What is your favorite TV show?  Odd Squad
  • What are you really good at?  Coloring and riding my bicycle
  • What is your favorite movie?  Bald Eagles
  • What is your favorite color?  Blue
  • What is your favorite song?  I like to look for rainbows
  • Who is your best friend?  Reagan
  • What do you and your mom do together?  Homeschool/ Life with Fred
  • What do you and your papa do together?  go on Daddy daughter dates to eat sushi
  • What is your favorite sport?  Riding my bike
  • What is your favorite place to go?  HAWAII
  • What is your favorite book?  Harry Potter
  • What do you want to be when you grow up?  A Veterinarian 


No comments: