Tuesday, July 12, 2016

My Birthday day

I need to write about my birthday but i'm not sure what to say.

We got back from Idaho the morning of my birthday.  we slept for a few hours and then I took Gwenevere to her summer camp.  I was so excited for her and she loved it.

Then Sharolee came to visit.  She brought me a present, lots of presents and spoiled me.
I'm always asking about hair and makeup products so gave me some shampoo and conditioner and a marshall's gift card.  Thank you Sharolee.  I loved my birthday present.

James was pretty wiped out from our all night drive.  So he went back to slept after cleaning up a ton and I enjoyed a day of cleaning and playing.  Honestly I was pretty tired myself, so I don't really recall what the day entailed.  I know Sharolee helped me clean, which was the best present and I know I enjoyed hanging out with Everett and Grace while missing Gwenevere but that's about all I can recall.

Then Sharolee needed to get back to Olympia to pick up Grandpa Don and I needed to pick up Gwenevere from camp.  But I wasn't ready to be done celebrating.  So we decided to meet up in Olympia to have a birthday dinner and to let Gwenevere see Grandma Sharolee.

Dinner was good.  we went to Applebee's.  The kids did pretty well.  I don't really enjoy eating out with them any more but I try to make it a fun memory for them.  I have some really great memories of eating out with my family.

Then we went to Cabela's and enjoyed wandering around, looking at knives and animals.  We said goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa and then we went to Walmart to pick up some hair dye for Gwenevere.

We also found a cute lunch box for Everett to use.

When we got home, James put the kids to bed and we all said goodnight.

It was a beautiful simple day.  And I'm so glad it was that way.

The next day we celebrated again eating the Cake Grandma Sharolee left for me.  Thank you again for making my day so special.


Okay now that the history of the day is written I want to add a few more thoughts to my birthday post.


  • A few days earlier my mom called me and offered us her old car.  I called James and we arranged for him to fly to Utah and help me drive the two cars home.  When we signed the title on Saturday we predated the sale to be on my birthday.  So even though we had the car before my birthday it was officially ours the day of my birthday.  Thank you Mom and Dad.  I know you two work so hard and I am very grateful for your love and kindness.  Everytime I ride in the toyota I think of you.
  • being 30 has been wonderful.  I have grown in knowledge and courage.  I feel like this past year has been a two step forward one step back kind of year.  I have so much I want to improve and I can see I'm making progress but i still have so much more I need to do.  Will I ever feel like I am satisfied with my effort?
  • I've spent this year praying to my Heavenly Father to know if our family is complete.  It's been a learning process and I'd love to say I know the answer but I don't.  I have come up with a plan, have taken it to the Lord and have been satisfied by the calm feeling that it's our decision.  I have come to accept that the children we have are all that we need.   I know we'd be blessed if we decide to have more but I know we are complete the way that we are.  I'm scared of failure, of trying to have another baby while homeschooling.  I know it is possible but it scares me.  I'm afraid for my health.  and I'm afraid of what another child would do to our marriage.  We have a great marriage but having young babies has been hard for James.  It's time we close that chapter and move forward.  A bittersweet feeling I'm not truly comprehending at the moment.  This doesn't mean we are finished it just means for the time being we are. 
  • Maybe that's why I've been prolonging this post.  I want to set new goals and look forward to the new year but I feel like I'm not there yet.  
  • even with doubt I must move forward.  and the best way to do that is by acknowledging what I have accomplished
    • We went to Mt. Rainier, Crater Lake, Olympic National Park and Yellowstone.   We have had many wonderful adventures.    
    • I started a Usborne Business (and I hate selling things)  But it has taught me a lot and has opened my eyes to some amazing books.
    • I branched out and tried contact lenses.  It lasted about a week and I've come to the conclusion I'm comfortable in my glasses.  Now it is time to invest in my teeth.  
    • I successfully completed another year of homeschooling.  I often feel so inadequate and discouraged.  I lack discipline, and structure but pray I can change and that my children will be successful despite my weaknesses.  
    • I have read (listened to books on CD); self improvement books, parenting books, organization books and for pleasure books.  This is a big deal for me.  I've always wanted to be a reader and I'm slowly learning how.  
    • I've focused on my marriage and have tried to be a better friend and wife.
  •  31 will be a good year.  
    • I want to get a better handle on our family's finances.  We have so many home improvement projects that need to be taken care of.  It's time to itemize the list and set goals to accomplish them.  
    • I want to focus on my health and take the time to finally find the right doctor for me. This freaks me out the most but I know it's what I need to do.  
    • I want to improve my image.  Or at least look into getting braces.  
    • I want to spend time with each of my children and remember to be with them, not just be around them.  
    • I want to go to the temple more and if that means going by myself I need to have the courage to do so more often.  

I think that is it.  Hello 31.  I know we can make this a good year.





No comments: