Thursday, July 7, 2016

Thursday: Auntie Laura's Birthday, Finding Dory, horseback riding and Flights miss managed.

Today was Auntie Laura's birthday.  A friend of her's invited her to go to the Lagoon with them.  She invited me to join them but we decided to pass.  

Laura took her kids to Lagoon and I took my kids to see Finding Dory with Aunt Dalynn and her girls.  

The movie was cute and we all had fun.

Then we went to Fred Myer's to pick up a few surprises for Auntie Laura.  

Grace picked out a balloon and Gwenevere picked out some cupcakes.

Then we packed up our belongings and drove to Uncle Daniel's and Aunt Dalynn's home.  James would be flying in at midnight and Daniel lived closest to the airport.

When we got to Dalynn's home we followed her to Mika's horseback riding lessons and we got to watch Mika ride.   It was so fun to watch.  I didn't realize how technical horseback riding could be.  unfortunately I left my SD card in Laura's home and wasn't able to take any pictures.  

That night my kids where crazy tired.   While I was frantically trying to get them to bed, I got a phone call from James.  I quickly answered the call anticipating to hear he was at the airport and getting ready to board his plan.  Instead James in shock,  told me that he had accidentally booked the flight for another night even though we both thought he booked the flight for tonight.   He had called the airline and had found a way to make it work but it would mean staying up till midnight, changing the flight and then if that worked out he'd need a ride to the airport at 4am in the morning.  

A few phone calls later, the details had been worked out and James hoped to be on the 6 am flight to SLC.  

the kids had been in the bath for half an hour and it was really time for bed.  

We read stories and fell asleep excited to see Papa in the morning.  

No comments: