We headed out on our adventure Saturday night around 9pm. A half an hour into our drive I started questioning why I decided to leave Saturday night instead of sunday morning after a full night sleep. Then I reminded myself the drive would be nicer with the kids sleeping and we may be able to make it to church if we wanted to. Then we continued on. Despite my tired eyes the drive went smoothly. The traffic was busier than normal but not crazy. We made it to portland around midnight. My GPS was asking up so I pulled over and called James to confirm directions.
After passing Mt. Hood I was feeling kinda tired so a pulled over to rest for a bit. the night sky was breathtaking. No moon to dim the brightness of the stars. No towns or city light pollution to interfere with the view. It was beautiful. I said a quick prayer of thanksgiving and closed my eyes. A moment later Everett woke up. He looked out at the stars and said "WOW! Is that all our universe?" I chuckled at his expression and confirmed that this was some but not all of our universe. Then I shared a short testimony about God's creations and told Everett I needed to sleep a bit before we continued driving.
Everett was quiet for a few minutes and then told me he was ready for me to keep driving. I chucked and new I wouldn't be sleeping while he was awake. I started up the car and we continued our drive to Prineville OR.
We arrived around 3am in the morning. Rebecca had already set up beds for us and we quickly got cozy and went to sleep.
Around 8am in the morning I got a text from Max saying that church was canceled. I was a bit relieved and tried to go back to sleep. The kids where up and ready to play with cousins soon after getting the text. We spend the day just hanging out and playing. It was nice to visit with Rebecca and watch the cute kids play together.
 |
| the trampoline was a favorite place to hangout |
 |
| picking apples |
 |
| Gwenevere watching Edmond and rubbing Auntie Rebecca's feet. |
 |
| Everett found a lion mask |
Max's parents live in Prineville so we got to spend time with them. Edmund thinks they are pretty special people. So do I.
 |
| Rebecca made a wonderful picnic dinner for everyone to enjoy at the park. |
 |
| Grandma Baertlein's little dog chloe was a favorite among the girls. |
We decided to attempt a cousin picture. But someone wasn't interested. It was fun to watch and I'm not going to force my kids to take pictures so this was the best we got. I LOVE IT.
Grandma and Grandpa Baertlein gave the boys some bubbles. It was a huge hit and fun to play with.
 |
| Gwenevere just doing her Mama duties. This makes me want to have another kids. |
 |
| Charlie needed a timeout and the whole gain decided to join him. |
 |
| Grace was able to sneak in some baby time when Gwenevere wasn't looking. |
Prineville is a beautiful little town and I am in love it everything about it. I can't wait to go back and visit.
After our picnic we wandered over to the BMX track. I got giddy with excitement. I love biking and I was so excited to share my love with my kids. Luckily enough I had brought the kids bikes on our adventure. We did a little biking after Rebecca and Max left.
 |
| Gwenevere |
 |
| Grace and Everett |
 |
| Crossing the bridge |
We arrived back in time for bathtime and bedtime. We all slept soundly and excited to see the eclipse in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment