James came home on Saturday and I had really missed him. I had originally planned a trip to Packwood to spend a few days at my friend's cabin on Monday but I missed James so much I didn't want to leave him again. James however, knew I would have fun so he encouraged me to go. His reasoning went like this. "I'll be working during the day and I would like to start working on the siding project in the evenings while you are away". So with less than expected excitement. I loaded up the kids and we made our way to Packwood. A tiny community right next to Mt. Rainier.
James was right. We had a lot of fun. The drive was beautiful and we listened to an audiobook while we drove. Hayley and Candy made us feel right at home once we arrived. Shortly after we arrived Esther and Kirsten arrived with their kids. We settled in and then went swimming.
 |
| The little gain. |
After swimming we roasted hotdogs over the fire and then had a movie night before falling asleep exhausted and happy.
Tuesday morning we woke up happy. All the kids immediately went off playing while the Mama ladies made breakfast. After a yummy breakfast we went on a short hike to a waterfall.
after a fun hike we went Swimming again. Gwenevere started diving and Grace was a swimming fish. Everett and I chilled together in the shallow end soaking up the sun rays and loving life.
 |
| Gwenevere |
 |
| Grace |
After swimming we came back for an early dinner and otter pops. The kids painted rocks and bird houses and themselves. LOL Then we said goodbye to Esther and Kirsten because they needed to go home. Hayley and I took our kids back to the pool for one last swim night swim. We stayed up late talking while the kids watched another movie before bed.
 |
| My dear friend Kirsten and I |
 |
| Running back to the swimming pool |
In the morning we helped Candy rearrange some furniture. Then I took the kids back to the waterfall to build a fairy home while Hayley and Candy did more work on the cabin.
 |
| Searching for fairies. I think I found one. |
 |
| a little fairy home modeled by Bootus. |
 |
| Gwenevere making a fair sail boat. |
 |
| Her maiden voyage |
When we got back from our hike we loaded up our car, ate lunch and said goodbye.
I was so excited to see James when we got home, he was right we had a wonderful time. James was able to start the siding project too.
 |
| taking down the damaged siding |
No comments:
Post a Comment