I just love the things Gwenevere says. I wish I could remember the hundreds of things she says that make me laugh.
Yesterday while driving home from the Pumpkin Patch, James and I were talking/dreaming about our someday future home. James wanted to show me a cute little house if found in Tacoma when Gwenevere said "I don't want to live in Cona." (Tacoma)
Me: "Do you want to live in University Place?" (the actual town that we live in)
Gwenevere: "NO"
Me: How about Washington?" ( I was trying to make a point.)
Gwenevere: No
I was stomped. Then James chimed in. "Where do you want to live?
Gwenevere with much excitement said "In a TREE!"
Gwenevere doesn't like to be left out of our conversations. Whenever James and I start talking/dreaming about what happens after school, Gwenevere usually tells us to stop talking, asks us what we are taking about or says I want to talk too, and changes the subject. I think having two girls is going to teach me to listen, actual listening, the kind that takes focus. To listen and not be thinking about what I'm going to say next, but to listen and hear the words they say.
Gwenevere isn't the only one who enjoys a good conversation. Grace is a talker too. I think she's the one that is really teaching me to listen. I'm amazed at her communication. I have never seen a 2 month old like her. She will look me straight in the eyes, and really try to focus. She will smile and laugh when I talk to her and she coos in response to the things I say to her. She wants to communicate so much, I wish I could hear her soul speak. I love having my two girls.
I couldn't have asked for a better family. Especially for a better husband. James is the joy in my life. I love the father he is to our girls, I love that he can listen. (maybe that's why we are blessed with girls.) I love that he is gentle and kind and supportive. I love that he is grounded and a hard worker. I love that James dreams, he sets goals and he achieves his righteous desires. I love you James.
Overall, we have a fun family. It's never a dull moment with Gwenevere and Grace around. They keep us on our feet, make us thing twice about the things we say and bring laughter into our home.
Okay so this post turned out to be a bit different than I thought. :-) Happy Sunday.
2 comments:
Looks like you have lots of talkers at you house.
If you think they talk a lot now, just wait till their teenagers. Wow!!
Post a Comment