Friday, April 5, 2013
Little One
Yesterday Grace and I went to visit my Midwife Terah Lara for the first time at her new clinic. The place was adorable and Grace enjoyed playing quietly with the toys while we visited.
The visit went well. I found out my blood draw at 12 weeks was great.
My Platelet count was in the 200s a first for me during pregnancy. YIPPEE. We expect them to drop some later on during pregnancy but I'm very positive we won't have to worry as much this time around. I think the extra protein shakes early on this pregnancy had a lot to do with keeping my platelet count up. fingers crossed it will stay that way.
My Glucose levels were normal which means no Gestational Diabetes yet. (although this it the first pregnancy where I've actually craved sugar like no other, and I've been very bad at giving into my cravings. I'm really hoping not to gain a 100 lbs by the end of it all.) I keep telling myself tomorrow you'll do better, you'll drink more water and eat less. I never had a problem eating before but man I can't stop eating lol this is a crazy feeling. I'm full and yet i find more food in my face. I've got to do a major detox in my kitchen and get rid of all the junk food before I devour it all. So who wants some cookies?
My Iron and Vitamin D levels were great, this seems to surprise my midwives. I guess living in the NW many women suffer from vitamin D deficiency. I love my sunshine and I'll soak up every drop I can get.
When it was time to listen to Little One's heart beat we had a tricky time finding it. One hypothesis is that the placenta is on the front side of my stomach creating a barrier between baby and my stomach also causing a muffled sound when trying to find and listen to baby's heart beat. The ultra sound will prove this guess right or wrong and I'm excited for find out. Otherwise I will be kinda worried about baby's heart beat. It is very quiet and when we've listened to it in the past we've only been able to listen for just a few seconds before it goes away. but the midwife says it's in the 140s and that's normal. I really don't understand how they can get an accurate number with just a few seconds (and when I mean few I mean between 1-3 seconds) but then again, that is why she's the midwife and I'm not. Thank goodness.
Other updates concerning me. I feel great, I just wish I was able to control my emotions better or at least get a better grip on my patients. I've really struggle with that this pregnancy and I hate that I over react to so many things. My poor girls get the worst of it all. There has been many times I stand back and think to myself, "you did not just do that, what where you thinking?" ah it's an awful feeling. And I'm sure Gwenevere is sick of hearing my apologies. although she's pretty loving and forgiving. I just wish I was more patient with them.
I've had a humbling couple of weeks and although I don't want to admit it, I feel it is for the best.
So before I turn this into a monologue about my inner feelings and thoughts I'll just say...
Yippee for baby #3
I'm excited to meet you and have you become a part of our family. I look forward to moving into our new home and having many fun adventures this summer.
Happy Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I've been getting pretty cranky when I'm dehydrated...it's my extra motivation to drink more water! Your girls will understand and forgive you, your growing them a baby sister or brother! And I don't know how you do it, I am so tired all the time I can't imagine taking care of two kids too! I'm happy to hear all the good news about you and #3!
I get impatient and grumpy when I am hungry so maybe you just need to eat more hehe. I love your pregnancy photos they are super cute and so is your little Grace.
I'm excited to meet baby #3 too!
"Tomorrow bringth joy"
For your vitamin D drink lots of milk.
Post a Comment