We drove down Friday morning and met Grandma Thomas and Aunt Tessha at Ikea for some lunch a little shopping.
I bought the girls some cubical for dressers, a dolly bed, and some dishes. (Ikea is so cool, but it can take forever to shop. I still want to get some more things but it will be at a later date.)
We then went back to Tessha's house for a visit and then off to the hotel to check-in. We ate at Panda Express for dinner and then went back to the hotel for bathtub swimming and bedtime. It was a fun and busy day.
Saturday morning we enjoyed a wonderful continental breakfast before getting ready for the day.
We went to Target to pick up jackets for the girls since I forgot to pack them.
We then went to the Temple to see my cousin's son's Wedding photo shoot and visit with family. It was very cold but it's always fun to visit the temple even if it's just for a short time.
After the temple the girls played at Tessha's house while Grandma Sharolee and I went to Costco to buy for stuff for the home. (I took advantage of the no sales tax while I was down there.) I bought 3 storage shelves for our pantry, and garden hose and a camping chair for Gwenevere.
After Costco I picked up the girls and headed back to the Hotel to pick up Grandma and Grandpa Thomas. We then drove to the Tulip festival and had a wonderful time.
The Sun was shinning and it almost felt warm. Gwenevere got go on a tractor ride around the tulip field while Grace, Grandma and I took pictures of the beautiful flowers. We then played a few festive games and took some fun pictures. Grandma Thomas bought me a beautiful tulip book mark and Grandpa Thomas bought Grandma a beautiful tea pot to remember this wonderful day.
I gave Gwenevere my camera to take pictures of the tulips while she enjoyed her tractor ride
After the tulip field it was time for dinner. Gwenevere wanted to eat crab and lobster with Grandma Thomas so we went to Tessha and Patrick to Red Lobster for dinner. Yumm Yumm. It was AWESOME!
Sunday morning we ate another wonderful continental breakfast. Grace loved the sausage and eggs and Gwenevere enjoyed the waffles. We then got ready for Church said our goodbyes to Grandma and Grandpa Thomas and then drove to Rebecca and Max's house.
We got to see the progress they are making in their home and in the home they are getting ready to rent. They have done a ton of work and it was fun to visit with such awesome people. We then went to church and unfortunately weren't as reverent as normal but we manage the best we could. Gwenevere went to Primary and Grace and Charlie tested out the amazing Nursery program. I took the girls early from Church so that we could go visit Grandma Sharolee and give Grace a little nap before another busy evening visiting family.
At Grandma Sharolee's house we made mash potatoes and visiting with Uncle Austin and Uncle Daniel. Gwenevere and Grace enjoyed chasing the cats.
Then we went to Red Grandma's house for a Wilcox family gathering. Kim and Chloe came into to town from back East and it was to see everybody again. Gwenevere and Grace enjoyed playing with cousins and eating lots of yummy rolls.
Finally around 8pm it was time to get jammies on and drive home. We got home around 11:30 and it felt great to be back home with James.
James had a productive weekend working on the house. It's coming together nicely and we plan to be moving in May. Yippee.
Grandma Thomas took a lot of fun pictures and I'll add them to this post as soon as I can.
Thanks for the amazing weekend family. We had a wonderful time.
3 comments:
It is such a pleasure when you come into town. We love spending time with you and those little girls. We hope to make a trip up to Tacoma soon to see the new house!
Elizabeth holds the record at our house for highest score in Ticket to Ride. 165! She was too modest to sign the box so I'll have to embarrass her here.
FUN!
Post a Comment