Tuesday, April 30, 2013

We've got our rainbow

Yes, I'm making another home improvement blog.  I promise to stop soon but the progress we're making is unbelievable and I had to share.

Last week a few friends came over and we've concurred the paint jobs with kids to tote.  I must say I'm super proud of it all.

Girls room before paint job

Girls room in progress

 Does this remind you of any 80's era cartoon?


baby Brother's room before

baby Brother's room in progress
Notice the floors are being refinished in this pictures


 The man behind the refinishing job.  

Sanding the floors 


James and Jason sanded until 1 am Saturday morning and then James worked all day on Sunday to get them finished.  They look amazing! yet I forgot to get pictures of the finished project.  


Saturday Gwenevere and Grace helped me paint the basement
We had a lot of fun.





Taking a brake from painting
And the best picture of I have of the Master bedroom in Progress

Master bedroom before

 I was almost complete done with the basement when Grace decided she wanted to help be paint some more.  I turned around and found her painting green on my freshly painted white.  

My shock of surprise made her cry, she was just trying to help.  
It was so cute. 
Thanks Grace for your help.  I'm so glad this was the only time this happened.  

The kitchen is coming along nicely

Before



In Progress

Our new counter-tops won't be installed until May 27th (it's a long story) so James put the old one back on for the time.

Another funny adventure was getting this sweet fridge from craigslist.
Let's just say a 9m fridge pickup took a few hours to complete.  hehehehe

Over all, it's coming together.  Carpet will be installed on Thursday and there are lots of little odd jobs to finish but James was luckly enough to get tomorrow off so we have an extra day to complete some more work.  Yippee 

The best part is we've even manage to start packing.  LOL
Three more days.  
Can we make it?
YES WE CAN!
Thanks to the help of some awesome friends.

Thanks everyone!

4 comments:

Max and Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Max and Rebecca said...

I love the house progress updates! Keep them coming! I especially love that picture of the girls painting together. Gwenevere looks so grown up.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love it! And the rainbow bright room is the coolest ever.

Jenni said...

I love seeing the progress photos! It is looking so good! I love all the paint you are doing, and your kitchen especially looks really good! You guys must be so excited!