Thursday, August 29, 2013

Gone Fishing

After Grace's birthday party we volunteered Auntie Grace to clean our house and put the girls to bed while James and I went on a date.  I know I'm such an awesome sister.  Thankfully Auntie Grace agreed to be tortured and James and headed out to watch the sunset by the light house.  After a beautiful relaxing sunset we drove to Fred Myers and once and for all purchased a fishing license for James.  We've talked about doing this for years and just never got around to it.  Yippee he finally had his fishing license again.

The night before James' first fishing adventure, James was so excited that he stayed up until 3am in the morning thinking about his fishing trip the next day.  At 5am after only 2 hours of sleep James jumped out of bed and headed to the Puyallup river.  By noon James was back with two fat Pink Salmon.  Yumm Yumm.  He marinated one of the fish in a Teriyaki sauce and we ate it later that night with Will and Jenni.  The second fish was made into fried fish  or as Gwenevere calls it "Biscuit Fish".





James' next adventure took place after work, he only fished for a few hours but was able to catch one more fish.   James made a wonderful Salmon, lemon, garlic, sausage, ginger cilantro master piece.


Can I just say I love all the cooking that he's done lately.  Seriously he is the best cook.

The following Monday James got up early and headed to his sweet spot on the Puyallup river.  It wasn't even 8am by the time he had caught 4 large pink salmon, (the max per day).  James cleaned the fish and froze the last four for a later day. He figured as a pregnant lady that I am I probably shouldn't eat too much large fish so frequently.   Bummer.  hehehehhe




Tonight James went out once again, this time with Gwenevere at his side.  Unfortunately the river was very high from all the rain.  they had a good time but unfortunately weren't able to catch any fish.

Watching Papa fish


Gwenevere's turn to try

I think there will be more fishing adventures in the near future.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

james you are amazing. that looks really yummy