Thursday, April 23, 2015

Road Trip

We said goodbye to Papa started our road trip at 6:15 in the morning.  by 6:30 we where stuck in traffic.


And by 7:30 we taking our first rest stop at our favorite place.  Preston's house.   Because I road trip to see cousins isn't complete without Preston.  Taylor and Riley where still asleep when we stopped.  

I loved seeing Preston's face when he opened the door to let us in,  he proudly said "I'm the only one awake."  Before arriving I did text Will and Jenni to see if it was okay for us to stop by and they did respond.  Will came down shortly after and we visited for a minute before climbing back in the car.  for the rest of our drive.



look at my ceiling.  James glued the fabric up for me.  Everett is very impressed,  oooooh

I love road trips.

Just laxing

About the spot where i got my first ticket, last year on a trip similar to this one.  We took our time driving through WA this time

9:45 am first nap of the day.

 We stopped in Granger WA to see the dinosaurs.  Best part about road trips: seeing things you never knew you wanted to see.  We had a blast
Grace was a little scared a first

Feeding the baby dinos

walking under the Mama dino






Just relaxing




High Five

morning snack

hugging the dino goodbye

walking around the park



the tallest


driving over the Columbia

Lunch time

Naptime

Gwenevere decided to nap too

Grace's view:  and some one on  one time singing together

We managed to get to Mountain home Idaho to visit the Adam Family.  
CJ was our camera man

CJ's last day of soccer 

I love this family

CJ's last photo
We left the Adams home by 8pm  with still 250 miles still to go.  We where moving a lot slower then I had planned but we where having fun.

We stopped by Walmart to pick up some snacks for dinner and then we headed out of town.  It was dark by the time we got back on the freeway and Everett was super cranky.  he cried for an hour and I got lost a few times but finally by 12:00 am we drove into Elko.  It took another 45 minutes for me to find my way to Tanya and Kevin's house.  My mind was tired and I had no cell phone reception.  But we made it.  I'm so happy.  I love traveling.  And I can't wait to share more of our travels soon.

1 comment:

rob said...

You are so amazing, setting out with 3 kids on a 15 hour road trip, and having fun to boot.