Monday, April 27, 2015

Visiting Tanya and Kevin

I have the best friends in the whole wide world.  And I love that my kids have the best friends too.  Whenever a trip to Utah is planned a stop in Elko is planned too.  This time we did it at the beginning of our trip so we wheren't so warn out when we arrived.  But we arrived around midnight and where all very exhausted.  Everett thought his 4 hour nap was enough sleep but I was exhausted and eventually he fell asleep and I did too. 

The next morning Aliya and Gwenevere woke up about the same time and they both at once got down to business doing everything together with their limited time.  We brough Aliya a birthday present and since Eloise's birthday had just passed we brought her a birthday present too,  so of course we had to bring Abram a surprise as well.  It was a great morning of playing and visiting. 


Friends that color together, stay friends for life
 Grace found the girls collections of Barbies and was in heaven.  all day long she would play barbies and then check on Gwenevere and Grace to see what they where doing.  So many fun things to do. 
Grace found her dreams

Abram is the sweetest boy, when he woke up and with sleepy eyes walked out into the living room, his face lit up when he saw me.  I was so surprised he even recongized me since he was only 2 years old when they moved away.  He at onced wanted to cuddle and I tood advantage of so sweet hugs from my little men. 


After lunch Aliya went to school and we got to do Preschool with Tanya.  Man I love this women.  I loved watching her do prescool.  She is great with the kids, she provides lots of activities and has a beautiful balance of creative exploration and structure. 
We learned about the letter Y and Healthy Foods

Everett loved the dress up shoes.  I think we was captivated by the thought that people actually walk in shoes like these.  He enjoyed the challenge
After prschool we where going to go get Snow Cones but since we brought the rain with us, we decided to eat Ice Cream indoors instead. 
Tanya made a wonderful dinner and after Kevin got home from Elder Quarm meetings I put Everett to bed and Tanya and I enjoyed a night out on the town or roaming around Kmart. 
I found some cute clothes for Everett and Tanya got some clarance socks for the kids.
The next morning we played around the house and packed up the car.  Then we went to get Doughnuts from a cute little bakery in town. 
Abram and Everett with Thomas the train drinks

 

waiting for doughnuts





After stuffing our faces we took Kevin some doughnuts, and said our goodbyes. 

Friends for life 
I love my time with this family.  They are a wonderful example of righteous living and they make me want to try harder too.  It's so good to see them and I can't wait for the next time. 

No comments: