Sunday morning Grandma Thomas made us waffles. (Everett's favorite breakfast). While eating breakfast James and I found out that my parents old farm may be for sale. We decide to drive by the home before we leave town. We start dreaming of the possibility of moving to Blackfoot, living on my parents old farm and James working in town. It's always fun to dream.
finally we pack up our stuff, say goodbyes again. (this is the hardest part of our travels) and start the long drive home.
| Thank you for the car |
| second attempt to get a family picture with the car. LOL Thanks Alisha for helping us out. |
We stopped in Mountain Home Id to visit our friends Chris and Lara. They have two of the cutest kids on the planet.
Then we drove to Boise and stopped by Seth and Ali's place. The kids love playing with Benjamin and it helped to break up the long drive.
Then we ate dinner and continued on through Baker city and Pendleton. We pulled out Grandma portable DVD players and the kids watched shows all the way home. James and I took turns driving the toyota. While James drove he got familiar with the car adding phone numbers to the call center and figuring out all the buttons. While I drove the Toyota enjoyed listening to my book on CD and thinking to myself.
We arrived in Pendleton around 10pm we filled up on gas one last time and began our long night drive. We passed Yakama around midnight and we decided to pull over and rest. around 2 am I woke up and realized we still had a ways to go before getting home. I woke up James and we continued on. A few minutes later James called to let me know he wasn't awake enough to continue on. He pulled over to get some more sleep while I continued on with the kids. Gwenevere had Summer camp in the morning and I wanted to get home before she had to leave for the day.
about 20 minutes later James called again letting me know he was on his way. He had stopped at a rest stop and tried to sleep but wasn't going back to sleep so he bought a soda and was awake enough to continue on.
I arrived home around 4 am in the morning. I put the kids to bed and soon James arrived home. We slept for a few hours and then it was time to get up and take Gwenevere to summer camp.

1 comment:
Your parents are from Blackfoot? How did I not know this? My parents are both from there. All my relatives except an uncle still live there. Every year for family vacation we took a road trip to Blackfoot. How fun!
Post a Comment