Sunday we woke up bright and early. I had expressed the night before how I didn't want to go to Church so when I woke up James was researching a possible family camping trip.
He had monday off and we had spend the weekend cleaning the house so the idea of going camping excited the whole family.
Inspired by my friends facebook post about the Hoh Rainforest. We decided to make our way to the coast. I have always wanted to go to the Hoh Rainforest and this seemed as good as ever to have that adventure.
We quickly packed the truck and began our adventure.
By later afternoon we found ourselves at the Kalaloch campground
Gwenevere really really wanted to pick out campsite. She found the perfect spot right next to another camper. I saw that mama look and knew it wasn't a good idea to pitch a tent right next to her camp site especially because there where other sites vacant.
James and Gwenevere went to explore the campsite Gwenevere had picked out.
a few minutes later Gwenevere had decided on another campsite.
few
We unloaded the truck and started setting up camp. The kids explored the woods, help set up the tent and get everything ready.
Then we decided to explore the beach that was just a few feet away.
When everyone was wet and cold. We went back to the campsite and got ready for dinner. James started a fire and we roasted hotdogs. Everett loved playing (safely) in the fire.
| Add caption |
After dinner I took the kids back to the beach to watch the sunset. We saw porpoise air spouts. Then we went back to the campsite and James took the kids to the beach while I stay and tended the fire.
The next morning I kept waiting to here James outside our tent starting the fire and getting breakfast ready. But it never happened. Soon Everett and Grace where awake so we venture outside our tent to find Papa.
James was still asleep. I started the fire and the kids helped me keep the flames going. We set the kettle near the fire and waited for James to woke up.
When James woke up he prepared breakfast then we all took town camp.
| Happy camper face |
By 10;30 we where leaving our campground and off on another adventure. On our way to the Hoh Rainforest information center we found a big spruce tree.
Finally we made it to the Hoh Rainforest National information center. We ate lunch and took a small hike through the woods.
Then we started our 3 hour drive back home. But we didn't get very far. We arrived at ruby beach and had to splash some more before going home.
It was a perfect trip. We returned home exhausted and ready for another week to begin.

No comments:
Post a Comment