I had never seen my mom so sick before. after helping my mom lay down on the couch I went and woke up James. I wanted someone to be with her just in case she did pass out. And second I wanted to to check her for signs of a stroke. She couldn't talk very well, she was having a hard time walking and her head was hurting.
James jumped up and came to sit with my mom. At this point I had worried my Aunt Linda and she didn't want to got to the airport anymore.
James spent about a half an hour examining her and came to the conclusion it probably wasn't a stroke but she still needed to go the Emergency Room.
My Dad, my brother Will, Uncle Doug and James gave my mom a blessing. Dad anointed her and Will sealed the anointing. When we tried to get my mom up to take her to the hospital she wasn't moving so Will called 911 and an ambulance was at our door before the call was over.
James stayed home with the kids while I went with my Aunt Linda, Uncle Doug and Dad to the hospital.
All my mom's vitals where great. The doctors gave her some pain medicine for the head pressure. They did a cat scan and an x ray. there was not bleeding in the brain or heart.
The doctors weren't exactly sure what to make of it. They gave her more pain medicine and some anti nausea medicine and let her rest for a few hours.
Then we took her home to rest some more.
The kids made happy mother's day hearts for Grandma while James and I packed our car.
Aunt Grace and Uncle Andrew, Tessha and Uncle Will where all able to stay and help out a little longer.
At last we said our goodbyes and started our drive home.
We took the back roads home, holding James' hand as we drove, and releasing all the emotions that filled our unexpected day.
![]() |
| Captured by Grace |
We made it to Ontario by midnight. Both James and I where exhausted and didn't want to travel anymore. We found a little hotel and fell fast asleep.
The next morning we ate breakfast, packed the car and continued our drive home. We stopped in Granger to play with dinosaurs. and then continued home.
![]() |
| The joys of hotel life. making bridges across two beds. |
![]() |
| Dinner stop in Cle Elum |
as we approached the Snoqualmie pass we saw a row of dark gray rain clouds ahead and knew we where almost home.





No comments:
Post a Comment