Thursday, June 19, 2014

Summer time Travels

The day after Father's day my mom flew out to help me drive the kiddos to Idaho. She came and did her superhero powers and cleaned the house while I packed everything.  
Then Tuesday morning we woke up bright and early and started our drive.

I got my first ticket for speeding.  I'm kinda proud of it. I know I shouldn't really be proud of a speeding ticket but I"m proud of the way I handled it.  I don't do well with authority.  hehehehe  So for the fact that I didn't try to back talk the police officer, I give myself full credit.  We had just come over the top of a Mountain inwhich I had my foot on the petal harder than normal to keep the car moving in up the mountain.  I was slow to release my pressure as we started our downhill descent increasing speed faster than normal when the cope car pulled me over.  That is the truth.

The kids slept most of the morning.

We stopped at windy rest area, Walmart, MacDonald and my favorite stop, the Adam Family's new home in Mt. Home.  OH my goodness what a cute house they have.  I miss them so much and it was awesome to visit with them even though the visit was too short.  I'm just sad I forgot to take pictures with them. 

Can you tell Everett loves Ice Cream

So many to choose from Thanks ladies for sharing



The one who started the ice cream tongue pictures

The one who seconded it
We made it to Idaho shortly after midnight making us from 5:30 am-12:05 am to make the drive but we had a  fun day in the car with Grandma.  

1 comment:

Max and Rebecca said...

I'm excited to hear more details about your speeding ticket. Also, you make beautiful children!