I was planning on skipping this recap week (June 8th-14th) since this was the week I was supposed to be getting ready for our up coming trip to Idaho/Utah and I assumed it would be boring. But when I was looking at pictures, I was surprised at how many fun things we did that week. Even our boring weeks aren't very boring. So here's a post for the boring.
Our wild flowers started blooming and the girls where really excited to pick them. Each morning they would bring me a new bouquet for the table. This was the first of many.
Gwenevere wanted to take some pictures of our cats. I love how she got her stuffed cat and added it to the photo as a prop. It's been fun having these to kittens for a whole year. They add hours of entertainment for our family and help the girls learn to care for God's creatures.
We like to spend most of the summer outdoors, these first few weeks of summer where crammed packed with outdoor play, even for Everett
 |
| Grace helping Papa plant the Garden |
 |
| Early morning water coloring, it's a must |
Gwenevere took this picture. It's blurry but I feel in love with it. I hope our kids remember that Papa and I would play on the floor with them. This looks like every weekend morning at our house.
Even with cleaning and packing crazy's this past week, we still managed to squeeze in some fun picnic play time with friends. We love our sensory rice bin and the digging for treasure.
We walked to the Library on Thursday and registered the girls for the Summer reading program. Both girls where very excited. We also checked out some audio books for the long drive to Idaho. \
 |
| Get ready to read |
 |
| Everett getting in on the reading action. Thanks Grace. You're a great big sister |
 |
| I love pretend play |
On Friday we went to our cousin Preston's 6th Birthday Party at Chuck E Cheese. On My GOODNESS! It was the Party of the YEAR. We had sooooo much fun. It makes my heart happy to see Gwenevere with her Preston. They are so close and have a bond that has descended from Heaven above. Preston had a Ninja Turtle Party and the girls spent all week talking about Ninja Turtles. Grace full heartily took on the name Mikey-angelo as she embraced her turtle loving side.
 |
| Getting their pictures taken at Chuck-E-Cheese |
Slight digression: Since this is my blog and I can add random day dreams in I'm going to. A couple of days ago James and I where day dreaming about the possibility of moving out to the Olympic Peninsula someday. My Brother and Sister in Law have also mentioned the idea a time or two. As James and I where dreaming I imagined the idea of living on the Peninsula close enough to Will and Jenni that Preston and Gwenevere could attend High School together. Awe. It was an awesome fantasy and I would love it if it come true someday. hehehehehe Because like I said earlier. Preston and Gwenevere together are simply amazing.
Now back to the party.
 |
| Hugging the Birthday Boy |
 |
| Ready to party |
Saturday James spent all day working on the Saturn getting it road trip ready. Changing the oil and fixing it so the check engine light didn't come on any more. Can I just say I have an amazing husband. I love this guy to pieces.
1 comment:
James you are wonderfull!
Post a Comment