Thursday, September 29, 2016

Grace and Andrew get Married

Good morning wedding day!

Auntie Grace woke up bright and cheery.  We had a slow morning filled with breakfast, dancing and bathtime.

At 9 am Grace's friend came over to do her hair and at 11am a girl from instagram came to do Grace's makeup.  

Grace had wanted to clean out her car before her wedding day but it never happened.  So I took her car and my crazy kids for a drive.  We went to Deseret book store to pick up a gift and then we vacuumed out Grace's car.  


Gwenevere begged to stay with Auntie Grace while I ran errands.  I think she was loving the wedding day prep.  


Wedding day dresses:  Grace, Gwenevere, Auntie Grace, Elizabeth and Alisha

to wear the veil or not,  that is the question.  and a little dance party while we decide


Hair and Makeup complete


Andrew stopped by around 11:00 to get ready.  Even with the last minute chaos that comes with wedding day prep.  (broken down cars and all) the morning ended up working out perfectly in every way.

I enjoyed being at the heart of the wedding day prep and being able to capture a few on the behind the scenes moments before the wedding.
heading out the do ready to go get married
 After Grace and Andrew left we had 30 minutes to finish getting ready.  The kids where good sports and Auntie Alisha made sandwiches for everyone.  As I was heading out the door, one of Andrew's groomsman came needing an ironing board asap.  Then he accidentally locked himself out of the house.  Yikes.  I tried to help but when I realized I was useless I took off so I could make it to the temple on time.

We arrived at the temple following Uncle Mark.  Yippee!  I dropped the kids off with Cousins and hurried inside so I wouldn't be late.  It was the most perfect September day.


When I arrived in the great hall, the room was filled with family and friends.  I was so happy to be there.  Hugs where shared freely while we waited to be escorted into the Sealing room.

When we got to the sealing room, The sealer brought Andrew and Grace into the room.  The room was filled and everyone was excited for the couple.

The Sealer took us through the process that Grace and Andrew had followed in order to be sitting her in the sealing room today.  It's amazing how much the hand of Christ is in our lives leading us back to an eternal family.

After the sealing was over, I quickly went back outside to help with all the kids.

It took Grace and Andrew about  an hour to come out.  The cousins where very excited to see them.   except for Annie, she was not going to watch them kiss,  she was very vocal about that.  hehehee

LOL  I love this picture of Haini
 We stayed around the temple for a while to get some fun family photos.  But my kids where tired and done so we said goodbye to the wedding party and took a timeout to get some food and enjoy some quiet car time.  Everett took a nap, yippee!

Then we made our way back to Kristi and Haini's home to see if we could be of any help.

Kristi was short on flowers so I took her to Safeway and we picked up a few more flowers for the wedding cake and table toppers.  ( that was my contribution to the wedding)
last minute reception prep is always so fun

Kristi is amazing!


 We followed Auntie Kristi to the reception and helped set everything up minutes before the reception started.





Laura was in charge of the cake and she did a fantastic job
 


I loved the cake toppers Kristi made


Auntie Alaisa and Ben

Kristi had made a super cute photo booth that everyone enjoyed posing by.   I took it upon myself to capture as many poses as possible.   















Seth was the official Reception photographer


the food was my favorite





I took so many more pictures but I posted them all on facebook so I wouldn't overload my blog with them.  

Grace and Andrew cut the cake and then started the dancing portions of the evening.  Everything went by so fast and before we knew it we where being kicking out of the reception.  hehehehe  It was a perfect wedding day.





Since my dad was too tired and was worried about losing his balance during the Daddy Daughter dance, all four brothers took turns dancing with Grace.   My face was covered in tears by the time it was over.  

Luke, William, Daniel, Seth
  
Grandpa Thomas with Auntie Grace earlier in the evening

 Andrew and Grace rolled out of the wedding reception on Long boards.  It was too dark to take any pictures but the event was epic.  The party waved goodbye to them as they left and then we did some clean up.

I  helped Andrew's parent's take presents back to Grace and Andrew's home.


Gwenevere and Grace wanted to spend the night at Aunt Kristi's house.  With Haini's permission I drop the girls off and took Everett back to Auntie Grace's house for the night.  Spending the entire day with family made me miss James even more.  So around 11pm we had a chance to facetime.






We stayed up giggling until the wee hours of the morning.  

1 comment:

Max and Rebecca said...

Hooray for Grace! What an incredible wedding and you sure do have a talented family! And I love that your kids got so much cousin time! I'm also jealous she had crepes! I wanted that so bad at my wedding but my mom refused because they take so much time to make...but we should have done the "make your own crepe" thing. I guess Max and I need to get married again...to each other of course!