Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Payson Temple Open House

Taking my children to see the inside of the house of the Lord will be forever a special moment in this earth life for me.  I felt kinda crazy for driving my kids an hour and half down to the open house.  standing in line while it rained not sure if we'd get to go inside because it was by ticket only and with three kids that I was not sure how they would react.  I was a bit nervous.  But the experience was priceless.

We walked around the entire temple, the girls in awe and excited to go inside.  We found the entrance to the tours and meekly asked if we could go in even though we didn't have a ticket.  Of course they were happy to let us in and with no wait time at all.  We gathered at the Church building next to the temple first and watched a short video about the purpose of temples.  Then we walked over to the temple entrance where we put on booties to cover our feet and we began our tour.

Grace happily skipped around (not really skipping but doing a happy walk), while Gwenevere took in all the details, pointing out pictures on the walls, and asking quiet questions about the rooms.  I carried Everett the entire time and he was very heavy but we made it through.  Then we reached the sealing room where families are sealed together.  I told the girls that we where in a room just like the room James and I was married in.  Everett didn't want to sit still while a temple sealer talked about the room. so he made a lot of noise in between me covering his mouth.

We went up several flights of beautiful stairs and saw some of the prettiest architectural work I've seen.

The temple represents Heaven on Earth.  It is where we go to make covenants and promises with God so that we can return to live with him again.  I went to the temple for myself when I was 20 years old and I enjoy going back to feel close to my Savior and seek out answers to my questions.

Here is a link to some pictures of the Payson temple 


Why Mormon's build temples Video

Blessings of the Temple video



And here are some pictures I took of the outside of the temple while we where there.



I love the fountains the surround the temple

On our way in

The Visitor Center next to the temple

While visiting the Visitor center was had this photo opp

I promised Grace a drink from the drinking fountains.  She was so excited to finally drink after our tour
After visiting the temple we picked up a pizza and drove back to Daniel and Dalynn's.  We slept well that night and I had a moment to think about the amazing day we had.  A baptism a grave site and a temple tour.  what a great day

No comments: