We are the Happy Hippies
and this is a glimpse of our life
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
The trip back home
Wednesday we started our trip back home but not without Grandpa who decided to be our travel guide. He even went to the store and bought the kids some DVDs and arranged for a DVD players for us. The kids where very excited about the trip home.
It started out a little bumpy. I had lost my phone a few days prior and getting my new phone set up before leaving Idaho Falls was a bit tricky but an hour later than departer time we where on the road. Grandpa Thomas bought everyone breakfast and we headed out of town.
There is something about wide open spaces that make me so happy
Watching Thomas the Train. Can you guess what Everett's favorite show is?
Grandpa with the trusty map
Clark Canyon Reservoir
Lunchtime and Mc Donalds
We stopped in Cour d'Alene for the night. Grandma and Grandpa Thomas hooked us up with a sweet stay. The views were breath taking, the place had two rooms and a full kitchen and let's not forget about the swimming pool.
watching TV while I cooked dinner. I loved the openness of the place
The resort
and of course before bedtime we had to check out the swimming pool
Morning breakfast Popsicle made from real fruit and because we are vacation
my boy's love for shoes cracks me up
On teh way back to the swimming pool. We found a warm
Mom please take a picture of our friend the worm
Watching the boats and seeing the busy side of Cour d'Alene on the other side makes this place the perfect viewing spot.
The kids where awake way earlier than I expected so I figured we'd be able to squeeze more fun into the day. When we got to pool and once all three kids where swimming a kind old lady told me that pool was for adult use only until 9am Bummer. I was super bummed. But she said she didn't mind so we quietly played til she left.
Grace quietly swimming
Gwenevere's quiet float
Everett just tasting the chlorine
Mom take a picture of my muscles.
Cheese
Everett and his impressive jumps
We explored the boat docks before heading back to the hotel room to pack up and check out.
Once the car was loaded up and everyone was happy we drove down the road to check out a scienic hike before the long trip home. Although we didn't have a lot of time to explore we spent over an hour just hiking and exploring a short part of the hike. I can't wait to go back and do the whole hike.
finding flowers
collecting pinecones
Marker number 6 because I'm six
red flower
Everett slept in my back park of most of the hike. Then we drove spokane and thought of Carrie and Sara T. I wish I had more time and could have stopped to say hello but the day was already almost over and we still had to get home to see Papa.
We ate dinner and another McDonalds and stopped by the Columbia River do some exploring and stretch our legs but the rest of the trip was one long drive to see if we could make it home before sundown. Which we did. Yippee and boy was it good to see Papa again. To give him our travel presents and to see the big surprise he had waiting for me.
exploring the Columbia Rive
Everett was so happy to see his Papa
The Present James surprised us with. And all we got him was a T-shirt. LOL
It was a super d duper vacation and I loved it all but it was nice to be home again. Until next time
That sounds like an amazing vacation! I'm super impressed with how brave you are! I loved Gwenevere's muscle photo, and the pine cones in Grace's hood!And I'm so so excited for your new camera. I look forward to seeing tons of photos of my little nieces and nephew!
1 comment:
That sounds like an amazing vacation! I'm super impressed with how brave you are! I loved Gwenevere's muscle photo, and the pine cones in Grace's hood!And I'm so so excited for your new camera. I look forward to seeing tons of photos of my little nieces and nephew!
Post a Comment