Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Preschool Graduation

Last week we had a busy but fun week celebrating the learning we've done this year.

I ended up staying up til 3 am (Monday night or early Tuesday morning) getting things ready for our festivities.  I'm not a night owl so I'm proud of this fact.  Plus I was able to function the next day.

Graduate gift bags 


On Tuesday we had our Play Preschool Graduation ceremony.  Which was a lot of fun.  James ended up working Memorial day so he could have Tuesday off and help out with the Graduation festivities.  He really made it turn out perfectly.  James was our DJ photographer.

The kids made their graduation caps and then the parents came for graduation.  All the parents stood up while the graduates came out of the house and lined up for the ceremony.



Colin, Grace, Gwenevere, Kambria, Makenna, McKayla, Tinsley

We started out by singing our welcome song to our parents and telling them thank you for all the help they gave to the graduates.  Then I proceeded to hand out the graduation certificates.

The week before graduation I did evaluations with each child to see what they knew.  This was Grace's results.

Grace can identify 
  • the colors:  Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Pink, Black, Brown, and White.
  • the numbers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 and can count to 16
  • Letters:  A B C D E  G I O P Q T X Y (The most any of the younger children could recognize)
  • Shapes: cirlce, Triangle, Square, Heart, Star, Diamond  (she missed Oval, Rectangle, Octagon)
During the graduation ceremony I asked each child a series of questions.  Here are Grace's answers

  • What is your Name:  Grace
  • How old are you?  3
  • What is your favorite color?  pink, purple and yellow
  • What is your favorite food?  Nutella 
  • What is your favorite game to play? Puppy dogs
  • What is your favorite book? A Dark Dark Room
  • What is your favorite song? I Want to See the Temple
  • What do you love to learn about? Sun
  • What was your favorite part of preschool? snacks
  • Who is your best friend? McKayla
  • What do you plan to do this summer? Church


during her questionnaire Grace got shy and had to hide
Gwenevere completed Kindergarten 
  • What is your Name:  Gwenevere
  • How old are you?  6
  • What is your favorite color?  Blue
  • What is your favorite food? Ice Cream
  • What is your favorite game to play?  Cuddle the kitten
  • What is your favorite book? The Box Car Children
  • What is your favorite song? When I am Baptized
  • What do you love to learn about? Birds
  • What was your favorite part of preschool? Sphere Painting
  • Who is your best friend? Aliya
  • What do you plan to do this summer? Visit Grandma

The graduation was a bit long for some of the kiddos but they all did a great job waiting patiently for it to be over.  




Graduation fireworks.  part of the gift basket and by far a favorite for the kids
 After everyone had their certificates.  they opened up their box which had a calucator, candy and a firework.  The kids lined up to pop their fireworks and then we ate cupcakes and cookies, and danced to the music until it was time to leave.

I loved watching the kids learn and grow.  I loved having the commitment to teach preschool, if it was left up to me to do alone I probably won't have done half the stuff we did this year.  I'm so glad there where other parents willing to bring their kids every week.

No comments: