Christmas Eve morning James went off to work and I tried frantically to pack and clean the house.
I was trying so hard to have everything done before James got off work so we could go straight to Portland and spend Christmas Eve with Green Grandma. (James' Paternal Grandmother)
I tried so hard that I didn't take the time to put Everett down for a nap. While trying to change his diaper that afternoon he was tired and grumpy
I decided not to fight the grump and let him naked on his bed.
A few minutes later when I went back into his room to attempt a diaper change once again I found him past out.
Even in all my efforts I was able to pack, load up the trailer, attach the trailer to the Saturn and tidy up the house before James got off work. So instead he came home and we did the remaining together as quickly as possible. Then we raced down to Portland to visit with family.
We got to Green Grandma's house just as the party was winding down. It actually worked out best. We saw all the cousins, quickly exchanged gifts and then stayed a little longer to have some alone time with Green Grandma, Uncle Gary and Grandpa Roemhildt.
I can't begin to tell you how much I love Green Grandma. She is truly an amazing lady of grace and love. Gary lit the candles and we sat peacefully in her home visiting.
When it was way past late, we decided we needed to continue on our journey. We said goodbye and goodnight to Green Grandma, Grandpa Roemhildt and Uncle Gary and then drove to Auntie Tessha and Uncle Patrick's home.
We delivered gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Thomas, toured their lovely home, (this was James' first time visiting) and visited for a bit.
but the kids were exhausted and it was getting close to midnight. So we said goodbye to Tessha and Patrick and headed to Red Grandma's house for the night.
James' brothers were patiently waiting for him to play video games. So when we finally arrived at Red Grandma's house (James Maternal Grandma's house). I put the kids to bed while James got to work playing hard with his brothers.
After getting all the kids to bed I too was exhausted and could barely keep my eyes open. instead of waiting up for Santa Claus I decided to fall asleep for a bit.
When the boys were done playing games, James spotted Santa's sleigh outside and came to wake me up. As Sants slid down the chimney james and I were their to greet him and help him quickly and quietly unpack his sack. Then as quick as he came he was gone again. I took pictures of his masterpiece and then James and I climbed in bed for the night.
Christmas morning the kids came into the family room where James and i were sleeping and cuddled up on our bed with us till all three were awake. Then James went into the living room and turned up some music. Then the kids marched into the room and saw their Christmas morning.
| Grace with the Grace Thomas doll |
| Everett with his Christmas Stocking harmonica |
| Gwenevere doing the Kit Kittredge pose. |
| Everett enjoyed his new trains |
After going through stockings, opening a few presents and playing wit the toys Santa gave them everyone decided they were hungry and Grandma needed to get the turkey into the oven.
Watching James interact with his Grandma made me so happy for the future. He knew she is an independant woman and respected her in all that she did, But he also watched out for opportunities to help her so that she would not need to ask. I'm so glad i'll be growing old with him. He makes it something I can look forward to.
| Papa made waffles |
Grace and Gwenevere decided that Kit would be Grace's doll and Grace Thomas would be Gwenevere's doll.
| Gwenevere loved the purse Papa made for her. |
| Grandma Sharolee and Grandpa Don gave Everett some books. |
| Uncle Austin gave Red Grandma an outdoor fire pit which she was very excited for. |
| Uncle Austin gave Everett a tonka truck. |
After all the presents were opened we cleaned up the house and then family began to arrive.
Sure love the big family gatherings.
I volunteer for dinner clean up duty and James took pictures of the pinata.
![]() |
| Picture credit Rebecca |
It was a wonderful evening. Grandpa had little surprises for the Grandkids to open. He sure knows how to give good gifts. Art supplies, and more trains. Everyone was so happy. unfortunately I was so tired I didn't take any pictures, but the Christmas tree lights were beautiful and we all had a wonderful evening watching movies and sleeping under Grandpa's tree.






No comments:
Post a Comment