Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Grandma Thomas comes to visit

My sister in law Jennifer Thomas had a concert in Seattle so my mom flew in and spent the weekend with us.  
Grandma arrived late Sunday afternoon with 4 stand by tickets for Southwest airlines, but at will be explained in the next post.  

After Church I made dinner and then Grandma and I made Fudge.  The kids enjoyed licking the bowl.






Monday morning Everett wasn't feeling well.  I had arrange for a babysitter to watch the kids while my mom and I had a day on the town, but since Everett wasn't feeling well, James took a sick day from work and stayed home to watch the kids.  He's the best.

Mom and I packed our suitcases for our adventure that would take place the next day and then headed out of the house to do some shopping and attend Jenn's concert.  

We stopped at TjMaxx and I found a pair of earrings I feel in love with.  So Mom bought me my Christmas present.  Mom also found a blouse she liked and a sweater for the concert.  

Then we wondered over to DSW to look for some new shoes for me.  
I found them!
It was love at first fitting.  

After shopping we realized we where hungry so we made our way to red Lobster for dinner. 

Yummy.

After dinner we changed our clothes in the bathroom 
Put on some shiny new earrings
and made our way to Seattle for the concert,



The Concert was held at the Benaroya hall 
Jenni had 5 of her new songs being performed tonight alongside the Ensign choir and the Seattle Symphony.


We arrived in Seattle about an hour before the show so we decided to get Hot Chocolate.  Apparently it's not common to get a pumpkin spice chocolate in down town seattle because after ordering our chocolates and walking back to benaroya hall I took a sip and realized they had made me a pumpkin spice latte instead.  Bummer.  But Mom's chocolate was delicious.


Before taking our seats we ran into Daniel and Dalynn.  What a pleasant surprise.  And even more exciting was the fact that their seats where just one seat away from us.  


The concert was beautiful.

 During intermission we stepped out into the cultural hall and helped Will sale some CD's.   


After the concert Jenni came out and signed CD's and take pictures with her fans.
the whole experience was fun to observe. 

We went out to eat afterwards, and enjoyed some time visiting with Will.

Then we drove back home and went to sleep because the next day was going to be busy.

No comments: