Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving

Wow,  I always forget how much I love Thanksgiving.  We've had some pretty awesome Thanksgivings the past few years and this one was just as incredible as the pasts.

The Monday before thanksgiving Auntie Alisha and Grandpa Thomas.  We had lots of fun running errands all week.  Wednesday night Grandma Thomas, Uncle Seth and Auntie Ali stopped by on their way to Sequim.  They decided to help us out and took our extra car up to Sequim loaded with passangers and goodies.  They even took Gwenevere so she could have an extra night with cousins.

Thursday morning it was just James, Everett, Grace and I.  It was a peaceful morning.  James worked hard prepping the rabbit while I tried my best to tidy up the house.




We got to Sequim around 1:00 pm and helped/ watched as the thanksgiving festivities preparations were taking place.   

Jenni cutting the ham

James slicing the rabbit

Even the kid table looks beautiful.

Yummy rolls

The adult table

crab legs



sneeking crab with Grandma

The apple cider


I don't know how he got to sit at the head of the table but he loved it.

Papa sitting at the Kid table so I can sit at the adult table

What a great Papa
 Friday morning the kids had a blast sliding down the stairs.


but eventually we sent them outside to play in ice instead.  Grandma Thomas and I got to sneak away and do some Christmas shopping while she was in town.  My kids are spoiled and I can't wait to see their faces when they open up Grandma and Grandpa's presents.  





finally around 2 we decided to go up to the Olympic National Park.  We stopped by the visitor center and Gwenevere drew this picture.



The roads finally opened up and we were able to drive up into the snow to play and explore.  Most of us had fun.  Everett was tired and cold.  He was a good sport non the less.









While we where sledding Will and Jenni's family went to cut down a Christmas tree that they let us all decorate.  Gwenevere was chosen to put the star on top.  She still talks about it to this day.





After decorating the tree Everett and Benjamin got a cousin bath.




Then all the kids listened to Auntie Jenni read "The Elf on the Shelf"  Before we finally packed up our things and drove home.


Grandpa Thomas and Auntie Alisha stayed with us until today.  (Tuesday ).  We took Alisha swimming with us for Family home Evening.  And had lots of fun Making pumpkin cookies and playing Settlers of Catan.  

I love the Holidays best, because of time spent with friends and family.  

Thank you Will and Jenni for hosting Thanksgiving.  I enjoyed every minute of it.  

No comments: