Wednesday, May 20, 2015

getting lost: Saltwater State Park

I joined a group called Hike It Baby Tacoma.  It's helping get out and explore more with my kids.  Unfortantly I got lost on the way to our most recent hike and we missed hiking with the group.  Never having hike the trail before i was a bit nervous but Gwenevere wanted to explore so bad I figured we could do part of the trail.  We ended up hiking the entire trail.  Go figure.  It was amazing. 

Gwenevere posted the first Salmon berries of the season and Grace ate them

Everett showing me his leaf

This girl leading the way.  Every now and then she would say she was scared but had courage to go on. 

We found several slugs along the way.  Grace made sure they had a leaf blanket before we could continue on.



Passing under a bridge

We even followed the detour

The hike ended by the Pudget Sound.  Beautiful field of flowers followed by side a beach and water.  

Sharing a water break


We met a lady with some wonderful hound dogs that the girls loved petting.  Gwenevere even said "I could pet them all day."


We where right under the Seatac airport landing route.  

The girls had fun exploring in the stream that lead out to the sound

snack time






Grace's shell collection

Grace found a snail on the way home.  
We arrived home passed dinner time almost bedtime,  but we had a blast.

1 comment:

Max and Rebecca said...

That looks like a beautiful place. Forest and Beaches! I think my favorite photo was Everett with the oranges...too cute!