I truly had the best Mother's day.
I made a craft with my kids a keepsake for me, and I spent the entire weekend thinking of them, doing fun things with them, and loving every minute of it. (this is not always the case.) Sometimes I fill my motherhood burdens are too hard and I wine and complain about my responsibility. I often think, I deserve a special day, I deserve a petticure and although yes that is true. It often is done in the wrong tone and mindset.
earlier this week I read a facebook post about how a mother would write a letter to each of the children and give it to them on Mother's Day, thanking them for the opportunity to be their mom. Telling each child what that child had brought to her mothering. I loved this idea and had good intentions to try and do something like that for my children but instead, we went on a bike ride, made meals together, played at the park and in our yard together and spent time with our cousins.
| Me in my motherhood. Thanks James for taking this picture for me. And thank you Telford family for the beautiful necklace with my children's initials on each coin. |
Sunday morning we ate breakfast and went outside to play.
| Gwenevere wanted to take a picture with me on Mother's day. |
| sneaking my Mother's day rice crispy treat. We made them for Sunbeams and to share but i ate mine for Breakfast. |
| Silly girl |
| Sunday morning bath time: poor riley was ready for a nap. |
| My happy Grace |
| these two making mother's day cards and flags |
| James relaxing and enjoying a photography book |
| The flag Gwenevere made me |
| Taylor wrapped up his Mother's Day Keepsake with me and wanted to put three bows on the present. |
| Grace modeling my mother's day keepsake. Gwenevere, Grace and Everett's handprints |
| More morning time swing time |
| Maybe my favorite picture of all weekend. |
Then we hurried to get ready for church.
| stuck |
At church I get the privilege of being in Primary with my girls. I love seeing them learn and I love being a part of the Primary. I love love love that I'm Grace's sunbeam teacher. I spend so much of my weekday time, trying to do Gwenevere's school work, or taking care of Everett's needs that I thoroughly enjoy my special time with Grace and the 8 other crazy sunbeams.
While I'm in Primary, James is often found in Nursery with Everett. So glad James can be there for him. When I first was married and I though 18 months was the perfect age for Nursery. But after having Grace I realized 18 months is still very young. And I love that Everett can go to Nursery but I never want to leave him there to cry. He can cry when we take him to college and tell him it's time for him to grow up but when he's 18 months old He has a right to have his parents with him. If that's what he needs. And it makes me so happy James can do that for him. Thank you James for being there for Everett.
After Church James took us to a little park where we could get family pictures. Because that is what I asked for. Thank you James.
Some of these are pretty silly but I wanted to add them so we could remember the silly times too.
We came back home and James cooked the most amazing dinner. Mochico Rabbit or something like that. It was AMAZING. Best rabbit meal so far.
The day couldn't have been any better.
I love my family.
I love my children
But most of all I love my Husband.
Thank you for my very special Mother's Day.
1 comment:
I also love the photo of Gwenevere and Preston. Sounds like a wonderful mother's day and I'm glad you got some family photos. You are wonderful mom and I'm so glad that you got to feel a little spoiled! You deserve it!
Post a Comment