Sunday, December 6, 2015

Schooling at home some more

It feels like life is showing down and we're staying home more.  I must say I love it.  Last Sunday after showers and getting ready, Gwenevere pulled out a science project and constructed a wooden ant.  I love that she's motivated to do projects on her own.  Whenever I try to sit down and do her school work with her it's usually lasts for about 5 minutes and then it's not fun anymore.  She doesn't want to write, or she wants to me tell her the answers.  It's not fun for her and it's not fun for me.  That's why the best time for her to learn is when she wants to do it herself.  

When she pulls out her work books she'll spend an hour doing page after page.  

Or when she pulls out the crayons she'll create a whole book.

I love that she's a self taught learner.  



Gwenevere's drawings bring in quite the crowd.  

For Preschool this week the kids focused on the letters J, K, L  Perfect for a Christ centered preschool.  J is for Jesus, K is for King,  L is for Lord.  

We read a story about Christ's birth, made nativities and played with friends in a kind way.    



Since we live in the North West and it rains more than it snows we decided to make raincloud window decor.  And to show off our Umbrellas we made with Rebecca and Charlie a few weeks ago.   The kids had fun taping all the raindrops on the windows



Another afternoon Gwenevere was trying to build a fort but it kept falling down because of curious investigation of little siblings.  After several frustrated huffs and grunts I stepped in and help Grace and Everett make forts of their own.  We had three special forts in our living room.  And the kids had fun playing in all of them.  They had a sleepover party in Gwnevere's fort, a tea party in Everett's fort and a shelf to display toys on in Grace's fort.
Everett's fort was under the kitchen table

Grace's fort was next to the piano

Grace coming to visit Gwenevere in her fort


All three kids taking a nap in Gwenevere's fort

Eating crackers and cheese in Everett's fort.  
I'm loving our lazy homeschooling days at home.  I hope to an another productive lazy week soon.

3 comments:

rob said...

Nothing better than eating crackers in your own fort.

the splendid life of us... said...

Looks like a grand week. And forts rock!

Brenley

Max and Rebecca said...

I love your home school posts. I think that is so cool that you are able to accommodate Gwenevere's learning needs and have so much fun while doing it! PS...I did a whole bunch of blogs post at once yesterday so I have photos for our preschool umbrella party on there now.