Monday, April 11, 2011

James' first century bike ride


The daffodil classic: 105 miles, 7 hours, in the rain, and 5000 calories burned.
Getting ready to start the ride

Braving the rain at 8am for a 7 hour ride

Gwenevere eating her breakfast after Papa took off

The Final Rest stop 72 miles completed 18 more to go.

This is how he felt

Sharing his Victory Cake with Gwenevere.  What a loving Papa



I'm holding Gwenevere while filming but this is James when he finished.

7 comments:

Max and Rebecca said...

I don't know if cake would be very appetizing after sitting in Daddy's smelly armpit.

rob said...

I can't believe you were still able to walk after 105 miles.

Jenni said...

Way to go James! That is amazing!! And what a supportive team you had there! :)

Dan Thomas said...

Way to go James! You did something that is truely great! I assume it was on a Saturday and you did not even have to do it. Congratulations!
We when yesterday and a couple of Pysical Therapists working on their PHDS were helping admonisting the tests. They check out all the mussles involved in standing. They put some googles on me that fallowed my eye movements. They were looking to see if my ears and eyes were working and if my brain was ptossesing the information. They said like all things if I can do some therapy for it it would be best. If I don't chances are I will loose what little balance I do have.
Elizabeth, Do you remember a Brandon Hawker from Thomas. He was Luke' age. He was one of the internes working on his PHD in Physical Therapy. He was there all through my exam.

Sandy said...

Yeah James!! What a way to spend a Saturday. I only wish I had the energy to do something like that. I think it's really neat that you do!

Zanzi & Buzz said...

Congrats James! You rock!

You know I was born at home, right? In fact, I was born before the midwives even got there! We were going to have Grace at home, (I really wanted to have her in a water bath) but extreme circumstances didn't let it happen. It was the same with Lily, and so disappointing, but I've gotten over it now. I'm just grateful we have healthy, ALIVE babies!

Anyway, if you have babies at home, I am very excited for you! (And just a little bit jealous :)

Unknown said...

That is CA_ARAZY. You are awesome JAmes!!! :)