Monday, April 4, 2011

Words worth Remembering

Mother, I am

I am a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen, a hand to hold. I am a dancer a singer a teacher a comedian. I am a protector, a comforter an enforcer and friend. I am their memory keeper. I hide I seek I lead I follow. I will go as far as my child’s imagination will take me. I do this not because my life is small and without any greater meaning but because my life now means something greater to lives that are still small. I am anything and everything they need me to be. I am…a Mother.



1 comment:

Dan Thomas said...

You are doing the most important thing that can be done. I used to think that the Samoans were smart whereing little to know shoes. I am sure they also liked that stabble feeling.