Of course my second child isn't quite here yet, but somedays it feels like I already am a mother of two.
And I'm loving it.
Yesterday while driving in the car I realized Gwenevere was asleep and little strawberry wasn't kicking me like crazy. It was a nice peaceful moment. And than it hit me. This is only the beginning.
I'm so excited for another baby, I eat, sleep, drink, think and just about all I talk about is BABY.
Pregnancy update:
I'm 23 weeks along. On May 10th, I'll be in my third trimester and it's going by fast.
I've gained 14lbs total. More than I had planned for so far but still doing okay.
The baby is measuring to be about 23 weeks, witch is a good thing.
Baby is mostly positioned hammock style across my stomach between my hips. She doesn't like it when I sit for long periods of time. that's when I feel the most kicks.
Gwenevere got a turn to hold the ultrasound machine on my stomach when we listened to baby strawberry's heartbeat at my appointment today. "Dats mine baby sisters heart." Gwenevere declared.
I'm exercising about three times a week and taking Gwenevere to swim class. I love going swimming. When Pregnant with Gwenevere I loved going to the beach and swimming in the ocean. I would spin around in circles and I could feel her spin too. It was so fun. James is looking into getting me a swim pass to his school's swimming pool so we can go to family night swim together. I hope it works out.
I've just about figured out how we will transition Gwenevere to her new room and add baby sister to it. I'm excited to see them share a room.
I got my home birth check list today at my appointment. Yippee! And when the time gets closer I'll start preparation work for that. I'm getting a good visual of how this home birthing stuff works and what I'm going to hope mine will be like. Thanks to some great friends who give detail advice and recommendations I'm at ease with this process of learning, my Heavenly Father has lead me through.
I have and I am enjoying being pregnant again. Although it's hard on James sometimes, since he usually only sees me near the end of the day when all my energy and patients are gone. (Thanks James for being so supportive and patient with me.) I hope you see enough of the good parts that you won't mind going through this again and again. I love being a mother, it's so fulfilling even when it seems impossible and I'm making tons of mistakes.
And when James gets home tonight I'll try add a few pregnancy pictures to this post.
2 comments:
If you think traveling with two is peaceful you ought to try traveling with 10. (Of couse in the olden days we did not have to have each child in a car seat.)
So glad you are enjoying the journey. :) I always hate being pregnant, so it's nice to read uplifting good pregnancy thoughts. :) Mine were always "I can't wait until I'm not pregnant anymore". LOL haha.
Post a Comment